Senior - Aware
Developped by the FADOQ, the Sûreté du Québec and the CIUSSS West-Central Montreal, Senior-Aware is a program intended to raise awareness about fraud, mistreatment and bullying towards seniors. Since the onset of the program in 2010, more than 50,000 people have attended the information sessions. The distinctiveness of these sessions is their unique form of animation, which combines the knowledge of a professional and the experience of a facilitator aged 50 or more.
Ce n'est pas correct! Voisins, amis et familles présents pour les personnes aînées
Developped by the Research Center on violence against women and children and the CIUSSS West-Central Montreal, this Quebec adaptation of the pan-Canadian program, offers an awareness-raising approach aimed at helping those around them recognize signs of older adult mistreatment and take action through simple and practical gestures to provide assistance in a respectful and safe manner. This training is provided by the regional coordinators of the plan d’action gouvernemental pour contrer la maltraitance envers les personnes aînées.
Other relevant ressources
- LAAA : Listening, referral and consultation phone line open to the public and to professionals."
- Coordonnateurs régionaux
- Commission des droits de la personne et des droits de la jeunesse
- Research Chair on Mistreatment of Older Adults
- Barreau du Québec
- Curateur public (if the person is incapacitated)
- Police services / Community Police/IPAM Program
- Autorité des marchés financier (AMF)