Aging in the Right Place Photo Exhibition – Aging and Homelessness
Date: May 14, 2023
Schedule: 10:00 to 12:00
- Tamara Sussman, PhD, Associate Professor, School of Social Work, McGill University; Researcher, CREGÉS
- Valérie Bourgeois-Guérin, PhD, Associate Professor, Département de psychologie, Université du Québec à Montréal; Researcher, CREGÉS
Organizers(s): CREGÉS, Centre of Dreams and Hopes
Partner(s): CIUSSS West-Central Montreal, CIUSSS Du Centre-Sud-de-l'Île-de-Montréal
Location: Outside, in front of the Jewish General Hospital, pavilion A (5750 Côte des Neiges Road)
Webcast option: Yes
The Aging In the Right Place (AIRP) research team, in collaboration with CREGÈS, CIUSSS Centre-Sud, CIUSSS Centre-Ouest and the Center for Dreams and Hopes is organizing a traveling exhibit to raise awareness of the reality of seniors experiencing homelessness. The Montreal research team is led by CREGÉS researcher Tamara Sussman, and CREGÉS researcher Valérie Bourgeois Guérin is also a co-investigator on the project.
The project focuses on building capacity for promising practices that support older people experiencing homelessness in Montreal, Calgary, and Vancouver. The pictures in the exhibit are the work of older people who participated in this social gerontology research project. The research team as well as two people with a lived experience of homelessness will be on site to exchange with the public.
The truck of the traveling exhibit will be parked :
- from 10 a.m. to noon in front of the Jewish General Hospital, pavilion A (5750 Côte des Neiges Road);
- from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. in front of Lionel-Groulx metro station (620 Atwater Ave.);
- from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. in front of the Centre de Rêves et d’Espoirs (12550 Lacordaire Blvd.).