Patrick Durivage, M.Sc.
Coordinator, Domain of Expertise in Palliative Care, CREGÉS
- Commissioner, Commission des soins de fin de vie du Québec
- Member, McGill Council on Palliative Care
- Member, Équipe VIES: Vieillissements, exclusions sociales et solidarités
- Master’s in Social Work, Université de Montréal
- Bachelor’s in Psychology, Université de Montréal
A social worker in the home care program of the CIUSSS West-Central Montreal, Patrick Durivage is interested in the palliative care provided for older adults in the home context. He provides training to healthcare and social services professionals on the issues experienced by people at the end of life and by caregivers. As a research practitioner, Mr. Durivage collaborates with university partners on many research projects in the field. He is the co-author of publications on palliative home care and makes presentations on the subject at national and international congresses.
Appointed by his professional order, he is a commissionner to the Quebec End-of-life Commission that examines any issue relating to end-of-life care and monitors the application of requirements relating to medical assistance in dying.
He is also a member of the McGill Council on Palliative Care, which aims to raise public awareness on palliative care.